Thursday, April 2, 2009

Puppy Comfort

Ellen and I talked for a long time on Monday--long enough that my cell phone battery died! Her advice, now that we know Tucker did not have a viral infection, was to go cuddle the new puppy Dixie and look to the future. I promptly went downstairs, patted mom Phoebe and picked up baby Dixie. If you don't read Phoebe's puppy blog, Dixie is the only puppy in the litter and is rather demanding and headstrong. I was cuddling Dixie when she started rooting around my neck and cheek for a snack. When she couldn't find something to eat, she started screaming! This brought mom at a run who gave me a most disgusted look. Obviously, she had just gotten Dixie quiet and was getting some rest herself when I disrupted the whole schedule! To be chastised by a collie is most disheartening! I put Dixie down and slunk out of the room, wondering if I could bribe my way back into Phoebe's good graces with extra cookies...

No comments: