Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Smooth Girls

Jewel "became smooth" over the week-end! She was obstinate, hard headed, had her own agenda! After ignoring commands to eat her breakfast, come here, and the exasperated "Jewel!! You're trying my patience!!!" she stayed by my side, watching me with her sweet face. Of course, I melted, and she took advantage of getting back into my good graces by racing into the play yard where I usually have Dixie, her mom and aunt spend the day. I figured today was as good as any for my smooth girls to bond and they did! Both Jewel and Dixie enjoy the same game--hide in a dog house--and they tumbled about inside so hard that the entire thing almost fell over! Their play looks very fierce but they actually got along quite well. I experimented with a different camera setting which caught every change in movement. Dixie does need her ears glued back over, but they are not actually prick as it looks in some of the pictures and Jewel can hold her ears better than it seems during this wild play session.

Ferocious Dixie
Jewel says "bring it on, little girl"


Turn-a-bout's fair play!
Dixie doesn't like not having the upper hand!
Aunt Claire's not sure she wants to join in this game!
New best friends off for a snooze!

No comments: