Sunday, December 6, 2009

Whoops!

Last Sunday, I was walking into the family room, nursing that second cup of coffee, when I saw what I thought was a late season fawn streaking across the field. On closer look, I realized it was Dixie!!! I tore downstairs, struggled to get my shoes on, then just gave up and stepped outside in my socks, trying to call Dixie without sounding in a state of panic (although I was, of course), which could make her keep running. Thankfully, she ran right to me, quite happy with her newfound ability to escape from the kennel. She had pushed her outside gate open which is held with a chain, but it wasn't quite tight enough. Dixie then wiggled under the main gate to begin her adventure. David said she must be a limbo artist! I was so thankful that she ran towards the field instead of the road, that it was Sunday when no hunters were about and most of all, that I happened to come into the room at that exact moment. I carried Dixie into the house, then called to David to see what I had found--"a puppy! And, she looks show quality! Can I keep her????"

No comments: