Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Smooth Sailing Now

  Just as I thought Sadie would never settle down and I would be obligated to a month of sleeping in only 2 hour increments, everything turned around!  Sadie coughed up a nasty hair ball on Sunday afternoon, was calmer that night and by Monday morning was back to her sweet self.  I took the precaution of keeping her in a crate when I needed to do an errand, then heavily supervised her when she was with the puppies.  She had stopped picking them up by their various body parts, attempting to move them, but was still scratching up the rug in the whelping box, often covering the little guys.  By late afternoon, I removed the gate from the box, giving Sadie the freedom to move in and out as she wished.  Last night, she was sleeping in front of the box entrance, this morning, she started sleeping in her crate again.  She's had a frozen treat left over from our club's event this past Saturday and a good brushing to remove all that hair that is just now coming loose, instead of before whelping as it should have!  Sadie once again wants to hassle Bootsie, the cat, as she goes in and out of the house and relishes her meals.
  The good digital scale I ordered has just arrived and as soon as I find some batteries, I'll get an accurate weight on the puppies.  I'm anxious to see how much weight they've gained since Friday!

No comments: