Friday, January 21, 2011

Jackson's Show Debut



  Jackson had his show debut and what a great experience that was!  I didn't expect anything to come of the five days of shows, just experience for him and me.  His very first show in Fredericksburg, at the Northern Neck Kennel Club show, Jackson was Reserve Winners Dog!  The next day, at the same show, he was Winners for his very first point!  What a thrill for me to put the first point on him.
  The next two days (as blogged earlier!) didn't go as well but I was pleased with how Jackson was learning the routine and how well he adapted to new experiences.
  The Collie Club of Maryland specialty was another good day.  Jackson finished fourth in the Sweeps (earning six dollars in prize money!!!) and he continued to gain confidence each time he went into the ring.    After Sweeps, a highly regarded handler and a specialty judge came over to see Jackson.  She said she couldn't understand what the judges were missing that he wasn't placing higher.  The judge told me that Jackson has a real ring presence, then they both gave me some tips and assistance with my grooming.  A good friend who is a long time breeder also saw Jackson for the first time.  She told me he is the best we've produced so far.  It felt so good to have people appreciate our boy!  We haven't completely decided on a show schedule for Jackson, but I'm sure this will be an exciting journey as he works towards his championship!



Here we are at the Mason Dixon Specialty



Judge Mary Benjamin examines Jackson
Collie Club of Maryland Specialty

Sweeps Judging

Judge Mike Esch goes over Jackson

No comments: