Sunday, December 28, 2008

Does Not Play Well With Others

Our blue merle, Mosby, has not been behaving himself this week-end and poor Twister is bearing the brunt of it. Generally, I can let all the boys play together, just need to be careful when I introduce new toys. That went well on Friday and Saturday I decided to give out an extra round of treats. Perhaps the boys were too crowded by the gate when I gave Twister his cookie, but Mosby went after him and had him on the ground in a flash. Cyclone would not tolerate his brother being bullied and promptly joined in the fray. Tucker wisely ran to the other end of the yard!
I got everyone separated and except for some tufts of fur wafting in the breeze, no injuries. I put Mosby back in his kennel, thinking some time apart would make everyone friends again. This morning, I let all the boys out and once again Mosby went after Twister. No toys or cookies involved this time, so I'm wondering if one of the girls might be coming into season. The puppies are maturing although they don't always act like it or realize it sometimes. I saw Tucker cock his leg for the first time and he seemed as surprised as I was!
Mosby is spending another day in his kennel and seems glad to do so. Twister is such a gentle, loving guy without a mean bone in his body, but he is probably the biggest and strongest of the puppies, he just doesn't know it. He was always the whipping boy of the litter, even little Fiona would bully him around. I think Twister may have unintentionally banged up Mosby during today's melee and Mosby needs to rest his body and his feelings!

No comments: