Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Catching!

As if there's not been enough excitement this morning, I have two more girls in season! I've been misting and brushing Claire for two weeks, getting her ready for the Collie Club of MD show this Sunday, hoping she'll get her last major and championship. I thought my brushing skills were remarkable as she has just blossomed! This morning, I discover it's because she's in heat! I check Phoebe, and she's in season, too. I've never had them cycle together before so Lauren must have had some strong hormones to pull them into heat a couple of months early. I've got to keep an eye on the baby girls as they'll probably be in heat, too, now. We won't breed them now, of course, but I think I'd like to breed Tucker to Claire. Ellen is staying with us this week-end for the shows, and she said to "put on my thinking cap" and we'll talk Friday night about other possible studs. Spring should be fun!

No comments: