Monday, July 23, 2012

Garden Dog

  I have to be careful on the dog match-ups when it's play day in the big yards.  The girls get along with anybody, but the boys get prickly with each other.  Ref and Gibson are fine to be together but sometimes they get irked with Jackson.  Gibson and Jackson will frequently fight with Mosby and Ref cannot stand to have Mosby near at all.  Even the girls seem to find Mosby annoying some times.  Poor Mosby!
  Since Mosby seems to be frequently standing on the outside, watching the others play, I have found another way to give him quality time.  He helps me garden!
  I wish I could have Mosby in the vegetable garden with me to help discourage the rabbits that keep trying to set up a home in there, but he would rather sleep on the plants than the mulch paths.  We have plenty of gardens, so there are many other places he can plop down while I dispatch the weeds.  Recently, Mosby settled under the hydrangea while I worked nearby.  I wish I had my camera then!  His blue merle coat under the blue hydrangea flowers made a very pretty picture!
  We've had to take a break during this recent heat wave.  The weeds are taking advantage of my absence and are trying to take over!  Fortunately, I can get back into the gardens this week and Mosby can join me.  When he sees me put on my gardening gloves and pull out the wheelbarrow, he starts to bark and dance, ready to come out and "supervise"!

Settled in, ready for a weeding marathon!


Taking a break to roll in the grass, in the sunshine!


Aahhh, life is good!
A nap is always in order after weeding!

No comments: