Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Still Waiting

  After thinking that true labor was just about ready to start, Lauren's demeanor changed, her temp went up a bit and she was ravenous once again.  She had a peaceful night while I barely slept again, keeping one ear open for the sound of shredding newspapers!  This morning, her temperature was back down and she's again refusing food.  In fact, Lauren acts like I have filled her bowl with the most rotten of food from the bottom of the trash heap!  She has spent most of the morning alternating between sleeping hard and issuing disgruntled sighs and grumbles when she's awake.  She doesn't seem to want me to hang around just now so I've left her with the radio, which she seems to find soothing.  Her energy is short lived.  I took her out for a potty break  and a little exercise and she wanted to walk to the end of the field.  Once we got there, though, Lauren refused to move again. (didn't know she had such a stubborn streak!) Lots of cajoling got her back in the house where she wanted to explore the tv room and hassle the cat while I got her fresh water and put her leash away.  Then she wanted to wedge herself behind the wood stove which is going full blast to keep the delivery room warm.  Another bout of stubborness displayed until I got her back in her whelping box .  I think a nap is in order (for me!) before we deal with the afternoon!

No comments: