Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Puppy Updates

  The puppies are five months old today!  From this litter, we are keeping one smooth male (Ref) one smooth female (Gemma) and one rough female (Treasure).  The other smooth female (Bijou) is available, preferably to a show home.
  We're starting to look at upcoming shows where they can make their debut.  In the meantime, I have lots of work to do with these guys!  Ref has been to two matches and Gemma to one.  Ref did well in his first match, but this past week-end showed me what I need to do get them ready for competition.  With our snowy weather, I had not been working with the puppies on walking on a leash nor had them on the grooming table.  Neither Ref nor Gemma would let me trim their nails for the match.  I quicked Gemma, which hurt her feelings and made her uncooperative the rest of the day.  Both puppies would not walk properly at the match and would not let the judge examine them.  Gemma did better for Group competition, coming in fourth.  So now my day starts with a short walk for the pups, some time on the grooming table and lots of treats!  We're going to take Ref, Gemma and Treasure to another match at the end of the month, hopefully it will go much better!
Treasure

Gemma

Ref

Bijou

No comments: