Monday, February 14, 2011

YUCK! (Doubly So)

  We finally have some warm weather.  But now, my floors look like this:

Because the dogs' feet look like this at the end of the day:


As their yard looks like this:


It's now endless rounds of sweeping, mopping and washing crate mats.  I was hoping for real spring weather--clear, blue skies, gentle breezes and dry yards with the first grass shoots poking up.  Instead, we have snow islands, rock hard ice slabs and where everything has melted, squishy, muddy paths that squirt water as I walk.  
  There is some hope that this is the worst of it and conditions truly will improve soon.  A chillier day is forecast for tomorrow, but right now, we're having very high winds which should help to dry up the ground a bit.  By the end of the week, temps might reach 70!  The dogs will definitely get a play day then!  I just might need to add a round of baths to my chores but it will be worth it!

No comments: