Monday, November 28, 2011

Baby Fever

  We were blessed with our first grandchild on Aug 6.  Our daughter-in-law had a great career opportunity to change jobs but it meant starting back to work before she had planned.  Taylor is going to start day care in January but who was going to care for her in the meantime?  Grandma was asked and I leapt at the opportunity to spend time with the beautiful girl!
  Generally, after a day with Taylor, I feed the dogs as soon as I get home.  The dogs are very excited to see me as I'm not spending as much time with them.  But, dinner always has priority and once their bowls are in their kennels, eating is the focus.  Dixie, however, is the exception.  I always hold Taylor in my left arm and when I enter Dixie's kennel, she immediately starts to sniff my arm.  Even when I'm wearing a coat she will check out my arm then sniff around my neck as I bend down to give her her bowl.  Baby Magic and diaper cream is not my normal "scent" but Dixie seems fascinated with these smells!  Last fall, after the puppies' debut to the yard, she was equally fascinated with them, becoming quite maternal.  I think she's looking forward to spring and having babies of her own!

No comments: