Monday, June 18, 2012

Jackson's Birthday

  Jackson is two years old today!  To celebrate, I made the Blue Blue Berry Berry Bun Buns from the Three Dog Bakery Cookbook.  It's a quick treat to make and the dogs really enjoy them.  I always seem to have the ingredients on hand, so it's my go-to recipe for doggy birthdays!
  Today is overcast with rain showers, so the birthday party was very low key.  I skipped the birthday bath, probably to Jackson's delight, but he did get his nails filed and a good brushing. He was glad to get that part of his celebration out of the way!  Nails filing is not his favorite thing.
  We had quality time together after his brushing and then I let him in the yard for a short run.  Jackson didn't want to run and only explored for a bit before acting like he wanted to go back into the kennel.  Yesterday, I gave him a big beef knuckle bone and he had been chewing on that before I brought him into the house for his brushing.  All that gnawing must have worn him out--but his teeth are gleaming!
The muffins cooling before the "party"

Jackson after his brushing.  Poor lighting in the room  but his sweet expression still comes through!


Starting on his muffins.

Strolling the yard.

Jackson posed for me and let me get a couple good shots!

2 comments:

Dianne SS said...

My, but he is a handsome fellow!!!!Isn't it funny how we think a bath is a perfect birthday activity for our dogs, but they don't share that enthusiasm!! Happy, happy birthday Jackson!!

Jan said...

Thank you! Jackson is a silly fellow, but that makes us love him all the more! He has a show coming up in a couple of weeks, so he won't be escaping that bath much longer!