Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Dinner

  David received a nice gift certificate for Father's Day from our oldest son and daughter in law so we ate out tonight!  MacDowell Brew Kitchen has outdoor seating, allows dogs there and I realized I needed to add to my blog list of dog friendly restaurants.  (this might need to be my summer project!)  We've eaten at this Leesburg restaurant before so we know the menu is great but took Ref along to judge the atmosphere for the canine contingent.
  Ref had a great time!  The outdoor dining is beach themed--sand, tropical plants, wooden tables, music and a play area for kids.  Ref enjoyed the attention from the restaurant staff and fellow diners.  He watched the little ones play in the sand, snuffled in the sand himself, then laid under the table while we ate.  I tried to share my fish and chips with him, but Ref didn't care for anything but the fish (although he did seem interested in trying David's beer!).
  It's always fun to take one of the smooth coats out and hear the various guesses from people as to what breed of dog we have.  Tonight was a new one--a man thought Ref was part beagle!  We're always quick to let people know that a smooth coat collie is a terrific breed and let them pet the dog so they can experience some collie love.  We held up traffic in the parking lot as one group spent so much time petting Ref and asking questions about smooth collies.  I think at least one person in that group will want to add a collie to their home!
Ref got a sandy nose from snuffling so much!

Surveying the dining area.

I shared my fish and chips but Ref didn't like the batter.  He only ate the fish!

Relaxing in the shade of the table.


A Rhodesian Ridgeback came out for dinner, too!

No comments: